Shipping and Delivery
Abroadland creates the print designs and uses Printful on demand service* as a supplier for the print products on sale on Abroadland's website. Printful:
- provides and prints the products
- ships/delivers the products
- has their own Shipping and Return Policies
Abroadland follows the Shipping Policy of Printful.
Will I get my order in one shipment?
Not always, the order may be split into multiple shipments for the following reasons:
- product packaging. Some of the products are individually wrapped by Printful to keep their shape and provide extra protection. Products which are always shipped separately are mugs, wall decor, decals, jewelry, bean bags, backpacks, stuffed pillows and snapback hats.
- production site. Printful fulfills products from multiple manufacturing locations so if your order contains products that fulfill different locations, Printful will ship them separately.
The shipping costs are higher for orders with multiple shipments than for orders with a single shipment. View the total shipping cost when checking out the order.
An example of an order
Here is one of the orders I did, in a normal way through Abroadland's website. I ordered a canvas tote bag, stickers and cards. They were printed and sent by Printful from Latvia to Switzerland.
3rd of May I made the order in the afternoon
5th-6th of May all the ordered products were printed, packed and shipped
9th of May the first product arrived
11th of May the rest of the products arrived
So the products were printed, packed, shipped and delivered within 8 days and that included a weekend in between. I would say that’s fast! But of course not all products can be done and delivered that fast, it all depends on the products, locations and other variables in the process.
What is the estimated delivery time?
Printful's Estimated Delivery Time (EDT) is a prediction of when an order can be delivered to you. The EDT is the sum of the planned order processing and shipping times. Take into account:
Estimated order processing time + estimated shipping time = estimated delivery time
The average order processing time of Printful is 2 - 5 business days (excluding apparel products) and 2 - 7 business days for apparel products.
When Printful calculates the estimated order processing time, they take into account the current order volume and our capacity.
Estimated shipping time is calculated based on historical shipping data for deliveries to your location/sales region.
The estimated delivery time is only an estimate and not a guarantee . You may receive the order later than planned for various reasons, for example:
- Issues with theme files
- Products not in stock
- Shipping-related delays such as failed delivery attempts or service interruptions
Printful is doing its best to meet the delivery dates. If you ever find yourself in the situation that you have not received the order and the estimated delivery time has exceeded, please give a few days more time.
If you still haven't received your order, contact first email@example.com and we will check the status of your order from Printful and let you know how to proceed.
What should I do if I have not received the items in the estimated time?
If you still haven't received your order after the estimated delivery time, you should:
- Wait another day or two. Shipments may arrive late for unforeseeable reasons. We understand that dealing with late shipments is frustrating, but please remember that Printful's estimated delivery time is an estimate only, not a guarantee.
- If you have not received your order yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Notify us of late orders and we'll check the current delivery times in your region via Printful.
Will I be charged custom fees?
If your order ships from a facility located in a different region than the delivery destination, you may be required to pay handling and/or customs fees upon delivery. Customs fees may vary based on order value, country borders, etc.
* Print on demand (POD) is a printing technology and business process in which items are not printed until the company receives an order, allowing personalized prints of single or small quantities.
Q & A Questions and answers
What is the process of the physical products?
- creates the images for prints
- composes the images to the chosen products of Printful
- adds the product info to Abroadland's website (powered by Shopify)
makes an order on the Abroaland's website.
- prints the images on the products in their nearest facility of where the order was made from.
- packs and ships the ordered products to the customer
4. THE ORDER ARRIVES
receives the order and can start using the products.
What is print-on-demand and why Abroadland uses it?
Print on Demand (POD) is a fulfillment process that creates and sends products to customers only after an order has been made.
This means that there is no need for stock and storage and there won't be surplus of products. Print-on-demand let's to avoid the overproduction that is widespread in the rest of the industry and causes lots of waste.
You can read more about Printful's print-on-demand services here.
In addition to this, using print-on-demand service Printful allows Abroadland to print even single, personalized products and to concentrate what Abroadland does best: concept and visual design.
How was Abroadland born?
When you move abroad you start living between countries and cultures - in Abroadland.
When Helena's (the designer/founder) had moved from Finland to Australia, as a new mother and foreigner she ended up to various curious and often amusing situations. The life abroad was full of exciting things but it was 'not all roses'.
To process everything, Helena started to draw cartoons on the daily happenings abroad, and they formed a book called 'Greetings from Abroadland – Experiences of Family Life Abroad.'
In Australia, Helena started to create textile prints about nature, and after moving to Switzerland, she found herself drawing language-learning cartoons called 'German for Mummies'.
Abroadland became a mix of these and other experiences and expanded to offer creative services and printed products. And here it is now, always evolving.